(Reposted from the 11th Stack Blog, with permission from the author.)
Having trouble choosing the right eBook format? Click on the teeny pictures for a step-by-step guide to checking out an OverDrive ePub eBook. And remember, if you do happen to get snowed in this winter – burn* your paperbacks first. If you burn your eReader, your house will smell like charred plastic for weeks.
* No, not really. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh does not condone book burning. Especially not library book burning.
- We’ve had a lot of calls and emails from customers who have accidentally chosen the wrong type of eBook. Maybe this will help.
- When I requested this book, I chose the ePub format. Here’s the email that I got from OverDrive when my book was ready to check out.
- When I logged into OverDrive and went to “My Requests,” this is what I saw. Both Kindle and ePub are listed, because the book is available in either format. THIS IS THE TRICKY BIT – MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT FILE!
- I chose ePub, and a pop-up window appeared asking me to confirm my choice. IF YOU CHOSE THE WRONG FILE, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CORRECT IT.
- This shows my ePub book in my cart. I’m stuck with it now; my only options are “Remove” or “Proceed to Checkout.” I’m going to check it out.
- On this page, I can choose my lending period before clicking on “Confirm Check Out.”