Top Take-Aways from the Literature and Biography Electronic Resources Workshop on November 13th:
1. Novelist K-8 contains the same content as Novelist with a different interface.
2. Grab and Go Book Lists are a handy tool for helping students working on a book report on a book from a particular genre. For example, you can find a list with books on Medieval Fiction for students in grades 6-8.
3. Novelist provides a link directly in the book record page that checks our Catalog for the item.
4. Featured bestseller related book suggestions might help appease a patron that does not want to wait a month to get a copy of the latest release.
5. Series in Novelist are listed in the order the author intended them to be read, not just by publication date.
6. Articles are easily emailed or download from the Literature Resource Center or Biography inContext with a click of a button.
7. Literature Resource Center includes the full text of the Dictionary of Literary Biography as well as 900 other publications.
8. Biography inContext allows users to search by a person’s profession. One of the professions listed in “Werewolf.”
9. Biography inContext does not include biographies of fictional characters like Katniss Everdeen.
Thanks to Pamela from Ebsco and Stacey from Gale who presented this valuable information!