Important (and helpful!) updates coming to Hoopla and OverDrive!
Hoopla Digital and OverDrive have recently announced a few updates that will be extremely helpful to many patrons.
Here are the changes:
- Hoopla is now available on Chromecast. Stream all of your favorite Hoopla movies and shows right to your TV! Using Chromecast, a device that plugs into the HDMI port on many TVs, patrons can cast borrowed video titles onto a larger screen right from the Hoopla App on their phone or tablet.
- Hoopla is updating its iOS app. These updates will be available in the next few weeks.
- Content tabs will now appear on the main screen, which will allow for faster discovery and quicker access to content.
- The Browse feature will combine genres and collections and will assist patrons in finding all titles related to a collection of interest.
- A trending search feature will be added to show patrons the most relevant search terms. This will help make their searching easier!
- Quicker download speed in the iOS app! It will be easier for patrons to now when the download of a borrow item is complete.
- An updated favorites feature: Grouped by content kind an artist, making it easier to find.
- Updated help screen.
- OverDrive will change “Bookshelf” on the OverDrive site to “Checkouts” on December 15. This is a major point of confusion that we covered in a previous post. This new update should alleviate the confusion between a user’s bookshelf on the website and their bookshelf in the OverDrive app.