Help Patrons Find Employment with JobGateway
JobGateway (www.jobgateway.pa.gov) is Pennsylvania’s free job matching tool for job seekers and employers. In addition to having access to thousands of Pennsylvania job openings, job seekers can also use JobGateway to:
- Construct a resume using a step-by-step template
- Create a personal employment plan and discover transferable skills through an assessment tool
- Explore a new career path by watching videos that capture a day-in-the-life of professionals in a variety of fields
- Improve interview skills with interactive training
- Search job-training opportunities
- View PA job statistics, facts, and news
- Find detailed information pertaining to education, skills, knowledge, and comparable wages of specific occupations
- And much more!
The website can be translated into Spanish and viewed on a mobile device or tablet. Additional services are available for veterans and job seekers with disabilities.
So the next time you have patrons who need assistance writing a resume or finding employment, be sure to let them know that help is freely available at JobGateway!
-Sarah McGowan, Mt. Lebanon Public Library