OverDrive has a new app for their digital books and audiobooks – Libby!
Libby provides patrons access to the exact same collection of digital books and audiobooks as the OverDrive app, but is faster and easier!
- Libby downloads the titles immediately, saving clicks and time!
- Makes it easier to use more than one card or different library systems (perfect for patrons who go south for the winter!)
- Improved interface.
- Use Tags to organize your titles for personal use.
- Libby is currently only available in English (but they are working on this!)
- Libby does NOT support streaming video. The OverDrive app is recommended.
- The classic OverDrive app is still available and is actually compatible with more devices (Kindle Fire, PCs). The OverDrive app also allows a few more options such as recommending purchases, however these are to be added to Libby in the future.
- Patrons concerned with storage should note the automatic download feature of Libby.
Check out the Libby FAQs with the information above and much more!
– Rob Kalchthaler / Bethel Park Public Library