This week’s post is a message from OverDrive about upcoming Kindle Book format improvements:
“We are excited to preview upcoming updates to your OverDrive-powered website related to the Kindle® Book format. Working closely with Amazon, OverDrive identified opportunities to improve the discovery and borrowing experience for Kindle users. Below is a summary of the changes scheduled to launch on Monday, October 30.
- The Kindle Book will be the first format option presented to users on the Loans page.
- A new option will be added to the Settings page enabling users to select Kindle Book as their preferred format. If a user selects Kindle as their preference, the Kindle Book will be the presented format for titles where it is available (with the exception of OverDrive Read-along titles). Note: Users can change or reset this preference at any time.
- When a user filters a search to Kindle Book or borrows a Kindle Book, we will present them an option to select Kindle as their preferred format going forward (unless they already have Kindle set as their preference or have declined this selection previously).
- A new Kindle Books link will appear in the navigation menu, which will generate a search for all Kindle Books in your library’s collection, sorted by date added.
- We will add a new message at your OverDrive-powered website to promote the convenient options that are now available for Kindle users.
- A Kindle link and icon will be added to your website’s footer as an additional way for users to discover Kindle.
We expect that the thousands of users in your community who prefer Kindle as their eBook format—whether they read on the popular Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, or in the Kindle reading app on their tablet or phone—will enjoy this streamlined experience to connect them to their next great read faster.”