Second, are you thinking about your library’s entry in the CONTEST to rebrand this Virtual Lexicon site? Details:
- Each library director has received an online entry form
- One submission per library/department. We recommend brainstorming ideas for a new site name (and any suggestions for content) as a group
- Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2019
Next, OverDrive wants to make it easier to sign in and get going. Libby offers the same collection and is still generally much simpler to use. If you have a patron who hasn’t used either app before, I’d always recommend Libby (if available — sometimes kindles just don’t want patrons to leave the amazon universe).
Below are highlights of OverDrive’s changes, as seen on a desktop computer (followed by my observations in teal).
We’ve made the following updates to the sign-in page at your library’s OverDrive website:
- Updated design: The look of the sign-in page has been updated and more prominently displays your library’s colors.
- Simplified sign in options: To simplify the login process, we removed the Sign in with Facebook and Sign in with OverDrive options (both options required a valid library card). Users can still sign in with their associated cards to access your digital collection and their current loans and holds.
- New sign-in help links: The sign-in page can display custom URL links to assist users with their login credentials (e.g., for Card/Username and PIN/Password).
- Our links are not listed by the Sign In button yet.
- Clicking on the ‘Need a Library Card?‘ link at the bottom of the page does direct all visitors to CLP’s page — even though people have to select their library first.
- Easier library selection: For libraries in a consortium, in addition to the drop-down in the Select your library field, users can now type the name of your library or branch for easy filtering.
Carnegie Library of McKeesport