The county’s newest addition to our superb assortment of e-resources is Udemy! 6000+ courses offering upskilling in business, tech, and personal development across 75+ different categories. So let’s talk about how to get word out to patrons that Udemy is awesome. I’ve had great luck with physical displays (of course, that’s not entirely possible these days, but if you put on your thinking cap, it can easily be done on your website or virtually in so many ways!) I have a ‘read this book – take this class’ approach. I find some juicy lonely nonfiction, pull it out and create a little bookmark to slip in that highlights a related Udemy class or CreativeBug or any other resource you’re trying to showcase. Here are some examples to get you started:
- Book: Healthier Together: Recipes for Two – Nourish Your Body, Nourish Your Relationships by Liz Moody. Udemy class: Soundscaping for Health
- Book: How to Start a Revolution – Young People and the Future of American Politics by Lauren Duca. Udemy class: Creating a Mindset of Change
- Book: Urban Garden Design – Transform Your Outdoor Space into a Beautiful and Practical Escape by Kate Gould. Udemy class: Fundamentals of Garden Design.
- Book: Good Husbandry : a Memoir – Growing Food, Love, and Family on Essex Farm by Kristin Kimball. Udemy class: Sustainable Living Made Simple.
- Book: Hashtag Authentic – Finding Creativity and Building a Community on Instagram and Beyond by Sara Tasker. Udemy class: The Complete Digital Marking Course.
- Book: Before and After the Book Deal : a Writer’s Guide to Finishing, Publishing, Promoting, and Surviving your First Book by Courtney Maum. Udemy class: Write and Publish Your First Nonfiction Book on the Side.
- Book: The Little Book of Big Lies : a Journey into Inner Fitness by Tina Lifford. Udemy class: Master Your Brain – Neuroscience for Personal Growth.
- Book: You Suck at Cooking : the Absurdly Practical Guide to Sucking Slightly Less at Making Food (based on the YouTube Channel). Udemy Class: Essential Cooking Skills.
Kelley – Cooper-Siegel Community Library