OverDrive made several updates to Libby’s look and feel:
- Catalog guides now appear on the library home screen for quick discovery and access.
- New filters for what’s new, what’s popular, what’s available, and subject listings appear at the top of the library home screen for easier browsing.
- The footer navigation is updated and a helpful tutorial guides returning users through the changes:
- Spyglass icon: Run a search
- Library card icon: Go to Library
- Libby menu: Manage libraries & get help
- Bookstack: Go to Shelf
- Clock: Open activity timeline
Wish list syncing
Based on popular request, Libby now supports wish list syncing with the OverDrive app and your library’s OverDrive website. Users with active wish lists will be notified in-app and prompted to sync their wish list titles into a single tag. Learn more here.
Notify Me & other tag enhancements
OverDrive made many other enhancements to tags, including: New Notify Me: Series tag that sends push or email notifications when the next issue of a magazine is available. In the future, we will add more options for users to receive notifications when other content of interest is added to your library’s collection. Automatic tag syncing across devices. Automatic tagging of borrowed and sampled titles.
New to Libby? Check out the Libby Getting Started Website
~ Hilary Lewis, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh