Do you ever find yourself wondering if a company is reputable or if a deal is really a scam? Maybe you want to give an end of year donation to a charity and need to know more about them. Sometimes we could benefit from tips to stay safe online or even read about celebrating Halloween on a budget.
Luckily, there is the Better Business Bureau to help with all of this and more! The BBB is a private non-profit organization that is not affiliated with any government agency. It has been in existence since 1912 continuing to offer its services to consumers free of charge.
Some of the services they offer include:
- Search for a specific company or charity
- Browse for a company by topic
- File a complaint
- Have your businesses accredited
- Use the BBB Scam Tracker to search for or report a scam
- Sign up for the monthly BBB electronic newsletter
- Submit a review on a business
- Schedule a free guest speaker for your next meeting/program
- Get tax tips
These and many more services are available via their web site. So next time you are in need of a contractor, charity, lawyer, etc. be sure to do your homework and use the Better Business Bureau’s resources.
Lisa Akenhead – Northland Public Library