The following new features will be available to Overdrive users starting Wednesday, April 29th.
- If a user borrows a title and the title has (or accumulates) holds, the user will no longer see a “Renew” link for that title on their bookshelf. Instead, they will see a “Request Again” link that lets them join the title’s holds list and borrow the title again when it becomes available. This is the same way that the “Renew” link currently works for titles with holds; only the language is being updated.
- The limitation that only lets users renew a title (or request it again) one time during their loan is being removed.
- Users will be able to assign star ratings to titles they currently have checked out right from their bookshelf. Users will still be able to rate any title from the title’s details page as well.
- A new “Narrated” label will help users identify which eBooks are available in OverDrive Read with narration:
- On the title details pages for narrated eBooks, users will also see an audio icon next to the OverDrive Read format:
- From here, users can click either the “Narrated” label or the audio icon to learn more about narration.
- The “Enhanced” label for enhanced titles will be updated to match the style of the “Narrated” label:
Sharon (Mt. Lebanon)