The revamped erec site is nearly ready for prime time and should be available by later in the day on Monday. This may sound like an April Fools joke, but we kid you not!
The main goals for updating the site were to improve navigation and ease-of-use. While our committee was at it, we made quite a few changes. You’ll find:
- New logo
- New name — eLibrary (eLibrary.einetwork.net), though old links will still work.
- Improved navigation (and this will change even further in a few weeks)
- Streamlined subject categories
- Re-worded descriptions — more concise and lower lexile level
- More easily updated in the future — no more discontinued resources appearing in surprising places
- Responsive and mobile-friendly site
We feature so many terrific resources, and we want to get the word out. We will provide marketing files such as bookmark templates, flyers, website buttons and banners, and logo images to help each library introduce the site to both patrons and staff.
We hope that everyone will enjoy using the new site, and we will be asking for feedback next month. We must also give a shout-out to thank Brad at the Help Desk for his assistance.
Here is a sneak preview:
For posterity, this is the current site:
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: New Marketing Materials Available | The Virtual Lexicon
Comments are closed.