The DRC (Digital Resources Committee) is starting a new monthly feature we’re calling the Featured Resource of the Month. Each month we’ll feature one of resources Allegheny County eResources and provide a quick overview with helpful tips. This month’s resource is Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Primary audience: Middle School and High School Students.
- Excellent resource for projects and reports on social and political issues. (i.e. Capital Punishment, Climate Change)
- Good complement or replacement for students search for Point/Counterpoint book series.
- Includes more than 13,000 topics.
- Easily build balanced bibliographies by choosing resources by delineated categories: Academic Journals, Magazines, Reference Books, News, and more.
- Patrons can quickly save PDFs of the resources, email them to their selves, or save directly to Google Drive.
- For other patrons OVIC is a quick and easy tool to provide an objective overview hot button topics in the news.